Head of Partnerships and Market Development
- Orbita, SVP Strategy, early-stage digital health company
- Cedars-Sinai, Head of Emerging Technology; Cedars-Sinai Accelerator, Launch Team & Pipeline/IR lead
- Stanford Healthcare, Digital Health and Innovation
- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT, Policy for Provider EHR Adoption
- Epic Systems, Implementation Management
- The Johns Hopkins University, M.P.H., M.B.A. and The University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A. Political Science & Global Security
- The Johns Hopkins Carey School of Business, Currently on Board of Advisors
What led you to focus on healthcare?
For me, healthcare is personal. My grandparents put my grandfather through medical school while living in a trailer with no running water, and my newborn father slept in a converted drawer. I saw the sacrifices they made to care for people in our community, attending in-home deliveries and supporting end-of-life care. Later, in college, I worked in international health where our team facilitated global medical exchange to develop health systems abroad, facilitating international organ transplantation and sub-specialty program development. I've been a persistent witness to the challenges in our delivery systems in diverse environments, and I'm energized by solving them. My interests are in emerging technology and finding ways to apply it to address issues around scale, quality, and compassionate care delivery. I've worked across the delivery ecosystem as a strategic investor, policy wonk, and operator. Finding ways to scale great ideas to build life-changing companies is an honor, a duty, and a calling.
What do you like about partnering with entrepreneurs?
I appreciate the grit and resilience of entrepreneurs. Great ideas need the right resources and people to be successful, and I believe that partnership is the essence of building great companies. I'm always asking myself these words from my kids' preschool song: "what can one little person do?" We all have a responsibility to contribute. Finding ways to create value and build something meaningful together is incredibly rewarding, especially when it impacts people at some of the most vulnerable times of their lives. For me, this defines a life well-lived in service of others.